Abbie's first piano recital was Wednesday night. She has been so nervous about getting up in front of everyone and playing her songs and then the clapping...Abbie isn't a fan of people clapping for her. After the last two dance recitals ending in tears before she really even hit the stage, I was a little nervous about what the night would bring. I warned her teacher that my hopes for Abbie included just participating, even if that meant I had to sit in a chair next to her while she played. Her teacher is fantastic and understood.
Abbie offered the prayer at dinner that night and asked her Heavenly Father to sit next to her during her recital so she wouldn't feel so scared. Her prayer was answered. She sat next to her two friends, Scottee and Joel during the recital and got up to introduce her pieces and played each one (Jolly Old St. Nicholas & Deck the Halls) flawlessly. I was so proud of her. She was so brave and played so well.
Grandma, Papa & Aunt Sam all came to hear her play. Thanks for joining us. She was so excited to have her family come to watch her. She really likes playing the piano so hopefully we will have many recitals to come.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Christmas Piano Recital
at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment