Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Two Aunts and the Sunshine Mall

Abbie had her 2nd annual birthday afternoon at the Sunshine Mall (aka Galleria Mall) with Lindsay and Sam yesterday. Thanks to Ruby's fun Build a Bear present, they spent the entire time at the Bear store looking at clothes and things instead of the crazy jewelry stores like last year.

Abbie was really excited to register and name her bear (Abbie, her twin) and wash her and do a bunch of other bear related things. She came home with a fur care kit, a princess dress, glass slippers and an enormous smile. Daisy can't get enough of the hairdryer...I think she might be putting one on her birthday wish list (Abbie gave her the old bear that Daddy help her build a couple of years ago).



Daisy had a much antipated playdate with Nate and Ryan at our house. We played cars, had a tea party, dressed up the potato heads, wore silly hats, had snacks, Ryan showed me how he can climb up and down all my stairs (we don't have baby gates anymore...rats). I got to snuggle a baby and miss the mall so no complaints here. All and all, an enjoyable afternoon had by all I think. It will be interesting to see if Daisy wants to have her own afternoon at the mall with her Aunts when she turns four....

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Sam and I talked about that yesterday . . . that the "trip to the mall" starts when you're 4 so we're ready for Daisy next year!

Nate had a great time at your house - thanks again for taking the boys!

Sammy said...

I was going to say we already had that conversation and are ready to take doodle next year for her special trip to the mall too if she wants to go!