One of Tripp's good friends had a birthday party tonight at his place. Tripp was out of town but the girls and I went anyway. They enjoy seeing people other than me once in awhile (it gets old being with mommy all the time when daddy is away). Things were going well and the girls were playing on the swing set for a couple of hours. Just as it was time for us to get ready to go, I noticed a splinter in Abbie's hand. Not a huge surprise since Sean and Tripp built that swing set about five years ago and its bakes in the Vegas sun every summer.
Tripp is the master splinter extractor in our home so having him gone was the first bummer. But I figured I could get it if I worked at it. Sadly, it was in there...deep. It was pretty long and there wasn't anything exposed. I needed someone to hold her while I dug. That was the second bummer. Luckily, Lindsay and Wes live two doors down (no exaggeration...exactly two doors down) from Sean and Aimee's house so I marched the girls down there for my reinforcements. Wes held Abbie while I worked on the splinter. I wasn't having any luck with the tweezers so Wes and I started talking about getting a needle and Abbie FREAKED out. We quickly started calling it a splinter extraction devise and promised we wouldn't use a needle. Wes got the SED and held Abbie's head away while I dug the splinter out. Once I got the SED it didn't take too long. Lindsay had a Curious George band aid and Popsicles and we called it a night.
Thank goodness they were there and willing to help. I can to a lot on my own but this would have been too much. Thanks Wes and Lindsay. I really, really appreciate it.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Thank Goodness They Live Two Doors Down...
at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We are glad we live two doors down, too! Sometimes you just need another adult - I hear ya on that.
Glad we could help.
It takes a village! :)
Post a Comment