Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Big 1-3

"Are you old enough to be the son of a 13 year old?"

"Why, yes, yes I am."

Just a little Phineas and Ferb humor. With Abbie's current obsession I have to laugh or I might cry.

Back to the big news...Kyle turned 13 yesterday. Grandma Marz didn't fail to mention that now he is officially a teenager. We were hoping to gloss over that part of the celebration (well, actually totally ignore it). I don't think either of us is really ready for Kyle to be a teenager and honestly, I'm not sure he really 100% wants to be one either.

Kyle is in love with rollercoasters so Tripp took Kyle and three of his buddies to AdventureDome all day. Although no one puked (refer to last year's birthday post), a couple of the boys did turn green part way through the day and eventually sat out a couple of the rides so Tripp bought some tickets and rode at least one ride with Kyle. Someday Kyle will make a friend that is in love with rollercoasters as much as he is. Where is Aunt Sam when you need her?

After the day of indoor amusement fun, they came back for pizza and the rest of the family joined us for cake and presents. A little later in the evening, Tripp dropped all the boys off at the church for their mutual activity.

Back to Abbie's Phineas and Ferb obsession...we have a CD of the songs from the show and she knows them all. She has been wanting to sing one to Kyle for his birthday and she finally picked what she calls the "Sad Song" and serenaded him over eggs in the morning to her rendition of number 14 on the CD about an evil nemisis.

The photos aren't that great. At one point Tripp sent me a text telling me that he was working on photos but getting them was like getting a photo of the Sasquatch. That's a group of 12/13 year old boys for you.


Happy Birthday Kyle. Here's to another year!

2 comments:

Colette said...

Happy Birthday, Kyle! :)

Sammy said...

Man I think i'm the only adult who really likes the adventure dome. Maybe I can get in on the action next time