Kyle has been wanting to have a lemonade stand for a long, long time. I heard about the free lemonade stands that Sunkist sends out with a promise to give the proceeds to charity (thanks for the tip Alisha). That seemed too good to be true as 1. Tripp hasn't got the base boards back in yet so he really doesn't have the time to built us a lemonade stand 2. We love raising money for charity. I watched their website like a hawk for almost a year and the 2008 stands finally became available. I signed us up and ours arrived at the beginning of the summer. Today, we set the thing up and sold our lemonade for Corps of Compassion (one of our favorite local charities). Abbie drank her share but Kyle balanced it out by knocking on tons of doors and running around the neighborhood checking to see if anyone wanted to buy some. The kids raised $16.25 in their hour outside (remember, not too great of weather at 2 p.m. in Vegas). Kyle already wants to branch out and run two simultaneously next time, one at our house and one in Laurel Glen (the next neighborhood over). He also wants to be in charge of the advertising (we didn't do any) so watch out Marz & Company, I think we have your newest employee!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Lemonade Stand
at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I have fond memories of running lemonade stands on the golf course growing up. Props to Kyle for doing it for charity!
Isn't it fun to watch how excited kids get about doing charity work! I'm glad he had a great time! $16.25 an hour isn't too bad for a budding entrepenuer.
You go Kyle I'm proud of you for doing it for Charity that's Awesome. Ali I love all of these great tips that you have!
That sounds like fun and I can imagine that little guy putting on some good advertizing. Abbie was a big help. Miss you. Love you.
what a great thing! I have never heard of this. wow he is a great salesman. and your a great mom!
who knew. that's awesome!
Post a Comment