Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Best Buddy

After next month, Abbie will no longer be my baby....for two reasons really: 1. She is turning two and I think actually being a baby probably stops there 2. We will have an actual baby in the house. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I'm so excited for her and all of her big girl things but I don't know if I'm ready to give her up as my baby girl.

A few things about Abbie at approximately 23 months...she loves toast and prefers it to almost anything else for breakfast; she loves Halloween decorations, especially the blow up ones and she says "Hello" and "Goodbye" to them each time we pass; she has an uncontrollable baby-fro; she likes to feed the dogs treats and occasionally shares her toys with them (which end up chewed to pieces); she is a big marshmellow baby and will let other kids push her around...even the smaller ones; she sleeps not only with her blankie but her snoopy as well (just like mommy did); she loves her big brother and wants to be just like him in every way; she runs in the park like Phoebe in the Friends episode where she and Rachel go jogging together; she gives wonderful "Loves" (hugs and kisses); she likes to pretend she is cooking and uses all of mommy's kitchen stuff; I could go on and on.


I have LOVED spending almost every second with her these last two years. I really hope that we can spend some Mommy/Abbie time once the baby arrives because I will truly miss it so much. Tripp will always be my best friend/loving husband and Kyle will always be my very favorite little boy...none of that changes with the addition of this baby. Abbie's role does change a little and I hope that although she will no longer be my baby, she will want to continue to be my best buddy. Being her mom has been one of the happiest blessings of my entire life.

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

We were talking about this at a recent YW function I was at. All of the moms with multiple kids were talking about the bond they have with baby #1 because you spend soooo much time with just them. She'll always be your buddy....

Tina said...

She will always have that special bond with you and because you enjoy the role of Motherhood so will your next one. It's true the first gets a little bit more of you than the rest of them but you will find ways to keep the bond with Abbie and create one with the new little one that is coming. Can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy. When is the baby due?