Saturday, October 13, 2007

Last Two Weeks in Nursery

Tomorrow is the first of Tripp and my last two Sunday's in the nursery. We were sad to learn a week ago that we are being moved to the 10/11/12 year old boys. We've loved nursery so much. It has been such a pleasure hanging out with the little kids (18 months - 3 yrs.). We play, sing, read stories, color, go on walking adventures around the church, play instruments, blow bubbles, toss balloons...you name it and we've done it almost every Sunday for the last 10 months. Church won't be quite the same anymore.

I was also sad to learn last week that Kyle's second grade teacher is suffering from cancer. She is such a darling lady and Kyle loved her so much. We were sad when she decided to teach at another school this year as we hoped Abbie would have her for second grade too. Luckily, we know where she lives so we can leave treats on her doorstep at regular intervals. We hear that you should put on a few pounds before and during Chemo...helps out the process a little. Our family is always happy to assist with that! Stage Four cancer is yucky so send a nice thought her way if you don't mind.

Last, but not least, I started brushing with my recycled toothbrush yesterday and it is fabulous! It's made out of recycled plastic and even comes with a container to send it back free to be recycled again. Many of you hear my Go Green! tyrades on a regular basis but for those who don't, it is easy to make simple changes in your life that greatly impact the environment. Every little bit helps and every bit that is looked over hurts. Start with a recycled toothbrush (Whole Foods & Trader Joes carry them) and save a little bit of the planet today!

3 comments:

Abu Saif al-Andalusi said...

Nice blog
http://elbaluartedeoccidente.blogspot.com/

Susan Glenn said...

I was thinking of your tyrades when I bought my recycled toothbrush from TJs the day I returned from LV. Susie

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Wow. Even toothbrushes are recyclable, huh? I'll have to look in to that. Just keep passing your environmental knowledge my way and I'll do what I can to save the earth! :)