Sunday, July 1, 2007

Not much to say....


There really isn't much to catch anyone up on this week. Kyle was with his mom...Tripp was out of town and Abbie and I tried to get the house in order and errands run after being out of town for over two weeks. Lindsay's baby shower was Thursday night and she got tons of good stuff. Even the homemade baby blankets and burp clothes were good...not the ones you look at and wonder what in the heck you are going to do with them.

Our good friends Rich & Nikki lost one of their dogs last week. Barkely had been sick for awhile so we knew it was coming but it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking. He went into surgery Wednesday and didn't come out. Nikki called me Wednesday while she was waiting for the vet's update and we finished the call before she heard back. I called Rich the next morning to see how things were and he let me know the sad news. I cried off and on Thursday for them and for Tilly (I still miss her terribly). So as a message to everyone with pets....give them lots of love all the time. They are such a wonderful blessing and deserve all sorts of hugs, kisses and smiles while they are around.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
I am going through all this with my dog. He is 14yo & lives with Mum & Dad. He is virtually blind & deaf but is still active. The thought of losing him is horrible & I dread the day that happens. He has been such a huge part of my life.
Lots of Love Caz