Sunday, June 24, 2007

Last Two Weeks

As I mentioned previously, our family was going to be out of town for two weeks so I wouldn't post until we got back. This should quickly cover the last two weeks of our lives.

Family Reunion

Our trip started the day after Kyle got out of school. We loaded up the car and drove to Heber, Utah for the Marz family reunion. My dad is one of 10 children (7 living) so our family reunions are quite large and always have been. Now that the majority of my cousins have children as well, it's a lot to keep up with. Kyle made friends instantly with a ton of the kids and Abbie enjoyed walking around the camp site. We camped for two nights and basically enjoyed each other's company. My immediate family was responsible for the reunion this year so there was some busy work to do but we had a ton of time to visit with the family as well.

Unfortunately (as some of you read in Lindsay's blog), I got the stomach flu Saturday and was terribly sick all day. Tripp ended up taking me to the emergency room that night where I was shot up with IV fluids and medication and sent home to sleep it off. Tripp got it next and was sick all night and the next day. With the help of Wes, Lindsay and Sam, we somehow got our camp packed Sunday (Tripp and I were both a mess) and headed to our family's house in Draper, UT where Kyle got it Sunday night. Monday came Sam, Lindsay and Wes. Thank goodness the only ones spared with the old and the young (Dad, Barb & Abbie). I guess that is enough said about the family reunion.
Week in Utah
My immediate family planned to spend the next full week in Draper (basically a subburb of Salt Lake City) . With both Lindsay and I being pregnant and due at different times during 2007, plans for a big family trip kind of fell apart. After we kicked the stomach flu, we spent the week hanging out in SLC.

We decided one night to go minature golfing...here is a photo of the group. Sam was planning a bridal shower (for a friend) so she volunteered to stay home with the tiny tot.

Next stop was Hogel Zoo. It is a smaller but fun zoo and we all enjoyed seeing the animals. It was the first time Abbie visited a zoo and understood that she was seeing the animals we read about in her books.

A friend recommended the Gateway Discovery Museum and it was fabulous. It is a children's science museum that unlike the usual children's museums, has a ton of things for little guys like Abbie to do. I think it was the highlight of the trip for her. She absolutely loved it.

Tripp, Kyle, Abbie, Sam Lindsay and I spent a day at Lagoon (amusement and water park). There were a ton of little kid rides but Kyle wasn't allowed to ride them and I wasn't sending Abbie on alone so she ended up riding the big rides. She is the first one year old I know to ride a log ride! She absolutely loved it. It was Kyle's first time riding huge rollercoasters as well and he went on them all. I couldn't believe he was brave enough to go on the 90 degree drop rides but he couldn't get enough. Here are a few photos from Lagoon...



On our last day, we spent the afternoon at Wheeler Farm, another recommendation from a friend. It is a historic, but working farm. The kids got to see all kinds of animals, feed ducks, take a wagon ride and milk a cow. Kyle even earned a Cub Scout patch.





Virginia
We arrived home from Utah on Saturday and I ended up in the ER again that night. It seems I probably have an ulcer but since they don't like to scope pregnant ladies I probably will never know for sure. I am getting treated but they warned me that recovery is slow and painful...bummer.

Tuesday, Tripp, Abbie and I boarded a plane in the early a.m. for Richmond, VA. Tripp was asked to go on business and since his sister, Elizabeth, lives in Richmond, Abbie and I decided to join him. Elizabeth and I really didn't know each other before this trip and her family had never met Abbie. We saw them two years ago at a family renuion but only had a few days to be around each other. It was a nice opportunity to hang out with them and we had so much fun! Abbie got to hang out with her cousins Trey, Elijah and Emily for four days and loved being around them. They were so cute with her and truly made sure she had a ton of fun. Abbie adored their two cats....I think there might be a kitty addition to our family in the future. Elizabeth is so wonderful and was so good to us. We had a great time with the kids at the park and the pool and generally just hanging out. I wish she lived closer because I definitely would be spending tons more time with her. My nephew Trey works for a shaved ice truck and drove the truck home one night for us to have a treat...not something you see everyday in Vegas! Anyway, the trip was wonderful and it was sad to leave them. Thanks for everything Gormus Family!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Sounds like Virginia was fun. Glad you got to know Elizabeth better! It's always nice to spend time with the in-laws.