Monday, May 14, 2007

What We've Been Up To

Well, nothing much to talk about...just the life of a normal four person, two dog family. Kyle is finishing third grade and soccer is over next week. He has enjoyed it but it is starting to wear on me. He has a piano recital the first week of June then school ends shortly after. He will be spending one week with us then one week with his mom during summer break. It will be very quiet and sad around here without him for an entire week. I'm not sure how we are going to handle it.

Abbie is doing well. She is walking around, talking and signing. She is a chubby tub of fun and adored by her family...especially her brother and her grandpa. She loves Sesame Street and The Wiggles and beams when we arrive at the library or park. I'm thinking of signing her up for a baby-gymnastics class this summer...should be funny.

Most of you probably know that our sweet Tilly died last year. I'm still not really over it. A family heard about us through our friends Katie & Martin and they needed to find a new home for their bulldog Reggie. We happily adopted him and he has been making himself at home on our furniture ever since (he is naughty).

Tripp is pretty busy. He travels a lot so we are glad when he is actually home for an entire week. He is still working on finishing his degree and is a cub scout leader as well. His love for golf has fallen by the wayside (for now) but hopefully we will make it snowboarding a couple more times this next winter. I am busy working for my dad, being a stay-at-home mom and generally volunteering way too much at Kyle's school (another reason I'm ready for summer). I am training for the Disneyland Half Marathon in September which will be a nice break from the last two marathon training schedules.

My best friend Katie moved to Reno so I get to see a lot more of her and her family. We always planned on living in houses next door to each other but I guess we will have to settle for the same state for now. My dear friend Tara married her soulmate Scott a few weeks ago. She has been a great friend to me since I moved to Vegas and I couldn't be happier for them. I hope to meet up with my college roomates, The Heads, this fall in Columbia. It's been awhile since we've all been together.

I guess that is it. Hope some of my friends start blogs too so that I can catch up on your lives!

1 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You're already more of a blogger than me! Two posts in one day! I love it & that picture of Abbie at soccer is great.