Daisy Scouts has been quite an adventure. We've been crazy busy since holiday break with cookie sales and all kinds of activities. Abbie and I ran in a Shortbread Shuffle to kick off the cookie sale phenomenon (Tripp took the photos on some weird video contraption that I don't have access to nor do I know how to operate so you will just have to imagine it). Abbie ran the entire mile with me. I was really proud of her. After the run, we went to the official Cookie Carnival at the Girl Scout office...lots of fun.
Then it was time to sell some cookies. Abbie set a goal of 100 pre-sale cookies and she sold 168+. We also manned three troop booths and she sold cookies door to door in our neighborhood out of her red wagon. She definitely took this thing seriously. One of her first cookie sales at a booth was to her brother, who stopped by to support his cute sister...what a guy!
During cookie sales, we experienced our first World Thinking Day. The girls got to travel around and learn about other countries, trade pins and try yummy treats. Some won raffles, many got snow cones and all seemed to have a good time. We also earned our first "Fun Patch" which was rather exciting.
After a couple months of grueling cookie sales, we heard about the premier of the Build a Bear marking Girl Scouts of America's 100th Anniversary. This special bear is limited edition and has a special Daisy (or Brownie or Cadet) outfit to go with it. It was party time! The girls spent a Friday afternoon building their 100th Anniversary Bears and earning another fun patch.
I really didn't know what I was getting into with these girl scouts but what fun they are! I couldn't be more blessed with my co-leader, the parents and our cute, cute Daisies. Lots more Daisy fun to come (including a day of camp this summer!!!!!!)

1 comments:
Fun!! My girls have aways asked about joining, but I've never looked into it. Maybe I should! :)
Post a Comment