Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Happiest Day on Earth

Last week Lindsay, Sam and I took the wee ones to our favorite place, The Happiest Place on Earth. Lindsay wanted to take Nate to Disneyland for his birthday but didn't want to go in August when it is boiling hot and the lines are long. She wanted to go in May, on a weekday and she wanted us to go too (because if you want a little...why want want it all, right?). Our family hadn't planned on anything like this so we really didn't have the dough but some serious stars aligned and Tripp was in town(to stay home with Kyle & Kramer), thought I needed a little Disney cheer (which I had to admit I did), we scored a major deal on a three room suite through Tripp's corporate account, my dad then insisted on paying for our gas (he loves it when his daughters plan something together...gets all misty eyed) and to top it off, a coworker of Tripp's offered to get four of us (the most expensive four I might add) in for free! I couldn't believe our luck. We all must have really needed this happy jolt or the time together or both because these things don't just happen every day (or at least in my world). Lindsay made bags up for the kids for our drive...they were all smiles at the beginning of the long drive.
We stopped in Ontario for a little mini golf before we had dinner and hit the sack. Sorry about the buns photo Sam but this cracks (excuse the pun) me up. Abbie hit a ball into the bushes and they were digging through them looking for it. Look at Abbie at the bottom peeking in. Aunt Lindsay did find the ball.
The next day we hit Disneyland bright and early and had a full, fun day. Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn scared the -Bleep- out of the kids but otherwise, a great day. We didn't really take that many photos but when I went to load them on the blog it was too many to post them all so this is a random "Smash-up", if you will, of our day.








Tired kids on the way home. We drove home that night after the park closed. I thought it would be tough (especially after eating a carmel apple, my favorite DL treat that turned out to be a poison apple and gave me a terrible stomach ache) but with two sisters to chat with it wasn't too bad. And Tripp tickled my head when I got home to help me wind down and fall asleep...the perfect end to our Happiest Day on Earth.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Such fun... Disneyland with kids and sisters - not much beats that. Miss you guys!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

It really was a great day. May 2012?