That's right! After seven long years with the most disgusting carpet you've ever laid eyes on (not necessarily in taste, although it wasn't my cup of tea, but in condition. We think this carpet was original to the house) we finally were able to get the last of it out of our house Saturday afternoon/evening. It's really sad when the Stanley Steamer workers, that I'm fairly certain live in apartments with somewhat new carpet, tell you that you really shouldn't hire them anymore because there is nothing they can do for your carpet and you really just need new carpet because yours is disgusting (and that is almost verbatim). Needless to say, we finally gave up after that and quit trying to sanitize our revolting carpet.
Luckily, we were able to get all of it out of the downstairs portion of the house a few years ago but just couldn't afford to get it out of the staircase and the upstairs until now. A small area still remains in our bathroom until we remodel...someday. A reminder of how that nasty carpet is hanging onto our house for dear life. It came in with the house and by golly it wants to go out with it! I don't think there are two people in the entire world who were more excited to get new carpet, ever, than Tripp and I on Saturday.
Removal of the yucky carpet. Abbie asked why it had to go to the dump? Why couldn't it just go to a store for someone else to buy? I guess I've done a pretty good job over the last five years of her life masking it's horror.
The first time in their entire young lives that my girls have been on carpet in their own house and I haven't wondered if a fungus wasn't going to follow....
Cleaning our new carpet not an hour after the installers left when Moses decided to pee on it.

3 comments:
oh, Moses. That was nice of you to even let him on the new carpet! :)
Love the carpet. Happy for you!
Excited for you; and will be seeing it tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone. Love you.
A dream come true, one day we'll be there. Love the new carpet!
Post a Comment