Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Birthday Party & St. Nikolaus Visit

We had a small family get together Saturday night for Abbie & Daisy's birthdays. Ruby is both Abbie and I think Daisy's BFF too (she likes to share everything with her big sister) so of course we couldn't celebrate without the Butlers. It was small and simple...Metro for dinner, cupcakes (Abbie wanted princess and Daisy Sesame Street) then presents.

We started the evening off by playing a new game the kids made up that I call "Pile on Kyle". It kept everyone busy while we waited for the rest of the guests to arrive.

Dinner at the little guy table....
Opening presents....



Eating the party favors....
Just being Nate....
Thanks to everyone for coming. It was a crazy busy weekend and a busy night for a few of us (several of us still had Christmas parties and weddings to attend later in the evening) but with Tripp's travel schedule it was the only night we could make it happen.
December 5th St. Nikolaus visits so Kyle put his shoes out and I helped the girls (they fell into bed after the party). The kids decided this year they wanted to make treats and door-bell-ditch them as our act of service (big surprise). We comprised by keeping the treat idea but giving them to some of our less friendly neighbors (that's right, we don't get along very well with a couple of them) and wishing them a happy holiday. This is what their shoes looked like Sunday morning after his visit and before the kids tore into them. Kyle got a book that he had finished by that evening. He totally devoured it on Sunday. Crazy, crazy reader.

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I'm glad they had a fun birthday dinner. Sorry I missed it!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

It sounded like a great time for the party and the visit.